Cerner - Fuqua School of Business 'Corporate Ethics 101' Paper and Website Disappear

On April 16 at "Healthcare IT Corporate Ethics 101: A Strategy for Cerner Corporation to Address the HIT Stimulus Plan" I wrote about a Duke Fuqua School of Business paper (apparently authored by a Cerner official) promoting a business strategy of regulatory manipulation to restrain the free market for HIT products.

The paper, and the Fuqua School of Business web page "Past Papers" on which the paper was promoted, have both disappeared as of this April 18 writing.

I have posted an image of the "Past Papers" page and updated my link to an archived copy of the paper, but the scrubbing of the Fuqua site and removal of the paper is interesting.

-- SS

Addendum Apr. 19 -

A former HIMSS staffer related to me that I am likely blacklisted from the HIT vendor industry as a result of my writings on health IT on this site and at my academic site dating to 1999, via verbal exchanges and even in writing among HIT organizations. It could explain why my CV's been uniformly ignored by that industry since the early 2000's.

If so, so be it. Who else might be on that blacklist, I wonder?

Also, didn't Richard Nixon get into a bit of trouble for maintaining such a list after it was discovered?

Label